Hyland OnBase Moves to Subscription Pricing for On-Premise & Cloud
Sunday, October 3, 2021
As of October, 1 2021, subscription pricing is now available for both cloud and on-premise versions of Hyland OnBase. Subscription pricing supports on-premise licenses of OnBase that are hosted in a private cloud as well.
Prior to this announcement, only OnBase Cloud (formerly OnBase Online – OBAL) software was available via subscription.
Opex vs. Capex
When software subscriptions are charged on a monthly basis, they become operational rather than capital expenses.
Advantages of opex over capex include:
- Full deductibility in the tax year in which they are incurred
- No one has to calculate and apply depreciation
- Costs are spread out over time vs. large lump sums up front and at different time intervals
- Low upfront costs make budgeting, cost justifications and approvals easier
- Greater flexibility to increase or decrease usage and charges
- Recurring charges can be paid by credit card vs. manually by invoice and check
Migration to the Cloud
While you can take advantage of subscription pricing for on-premise OnBase, you may want to consider migrating to OnBase Cloud. The advantages of doing so are numerous but here are the highlights:
- Opex vs. capex as described above
- Immediate cost savings (compared to the old on-premises pricing model)
- Improved security
- Automated backups
- Easier to add modules and users
- The option to use ISSI OnBase managed services
Get Started Today
If you need help converting your OnBase on-premise licensing to a subscription or want to migrate to the cloud, contact us today.
Contact us to learn more about OnBase document management software