Let the robots empower users to do what you hired them to do. With robotic process automation (RPA) software from KnowledgeLake, you can automate manual, repetitive tasks and easily integrate systems.
KnowledgeLake RPA allows you to integrate any Windows, browser, or legacy system with any other application, data source, or custom API without having to make changes to your application or requiring cooperation from the application’s vendor. We offer an enterprise class suite of attended and unattended bot technologies, ensuring you have the right tool for the job. That, coupled with the experience of ISSI consultants who’ve worked on hundreds of projects of all shapes and sizes backed by a proven methodology, guarantees your project’s success.
There are no limitations on how simple or robust an automation can be, nor on accessing external data sources, APIs, web services, etc. Pure API-based integrations remove end users from the process, which means IT must get involved anytime there is an exception. Not the case with KnowledgeLake RPA, which ensures that, if it works manually for a user, it will work for a bot.
What Is RPA?
RPA is a collection of technologies that enable software robots (bots) to perform repetitive tasks normally performed by people. Predictable and structured activities like invoice and order processing or employee onboarding are automatically completed, freeing up your staff for higher value tasks. Learn more…
KnowledgeLake RPA Overview Video
What Does RPA Cost?
RPA pricing from ISSI is based on transactions instead of the number of “bots,” making it more cost-effective than other RPA alternatives – and more productive because you can create unlimited bots.
The option of RPA as a service (RPAaaS) is priced as a subscription (managed service) from ISSI and is for users who see value in ISSI proactively maintaining and developing new bots or whose transaction volume is unpredictable or fluctuates significantly.
- Automate Manual Tasks: reduce the need for manual processing and empower users to manage errors in the automated flow—no need to involve IT for every exception
- Reduce Connectivity Complexity: limit the risk involved with traditional integration methods and leverage RPA to connect content management tools to line-of-business systems while continuing to support business logic controls often baked into the user interface (and subverted by API integrations)
- Innovate Quickly & Easily: administrators automate and improve key processes using a single web-based portal for tasks like monitoring, execution, scheduling, and updating of all bots
- Finance: accounts payable and accounts receivable
- HR: new employee on-boarding
- Healthcare: medical record creation and updates
- Customer Service: new customer creation, onboarding and provisioning
KnowledgeLake RPA for AP Invoice Processing Video:
New Belgium Brewery Testimonial
Attended & Unattended Bots
KnowledgeLake RPA uses “bots”: autonomous computer programs that can interact with computer systems or users to perform simple and repetitive tasks that would be time-consuming, mundane, or impossible for a human to perform. Bots are trained to automate this work of end users and can learn from watching what users do on their desktop while performing corrections and tasks, automatically reading the data and learning the process as it is in action.
Attended bots are useful for many front-office activities when the entire end-to-end process can’t be automated. By working alongside their human counterparts, they are a valuable tool for increasing an individual worker’s productivity.
Unattended bots execute tasks and interact with applications independent of human involvement. These autonomous bots can be triggered by events or they can be scheduled and work effectively in high-volume, highly repetitive processes.