Accounts Payable: Invoice Processing Automation
Are you processing paper or electronic invoices manually? If so, and you need to process 5,000 or more a month, AP automation can do the work of five accounting clerks and automate 50-90% of the process.
As invoice volumes grow, accounts payable departments are turning to AP automation solutions in the form of automated invoice capture and invoice workflow automation software to keep up – and keep cost per invoice down.
AP automation captures invoices electronically and delivers them to the appropriate people and systems for review, approval and coding. The automated invoice workflow minimizes the number of touches per transaction, eliminates the need to re-key information and route paperwork between departments.
AP Automation Benefits
- Go processes
- Reduce delays and eliminate process bottlenecks
- Streamline exception processing
- Ensure consistent, controlled AP processes
- Improve collaboration and communication between departments
How AP Automation Works
AP automation includes routing invoices for approvals, two- and three-way matching, approval hierarchies, dispute management, and posting to accounting applications and ERP systems.
After invoices and supporting documents are captured, AP automation software performs the following:
- Automatically verifies purchase order lines with data from your ERP
- Identifies exceptions and routes them for review and resolution
- Electronically routes invoices to approvers based on configured rules and sends notifications
- Posts confirmed data directly into the ERP or financial system
AP automation software operates on a business rules engine that is easily configurable to adapt to any business structure and allows users to create and deploy workflows on demand. Seamless integration with your ERP and email enables AP staff and approvers to access invoices and supporting documents anytime from the convenience of the application they work in most often and from their mobile device.