What Is ECM?
Enterprise content management (ECM) — sometimes referred to as document management or records management — is the process of managing the entire lifecycle of an organization’s content, including documents, spreadsheets, contracts and scanned images.
When you work with ISSI to implement ECM solutions for your business, you can reduce risk and improve productivity, efficiency and customer experience by eliminating paper-based tasks and enhancing process visibility.
What is an ECM Solution?
Enterprise content management is an umbrella term for the technology, strategy and method used to capture, manage, access, integrate, measure and store information.
The value of today’s ECM solution goes beyond simple scan, store and retrieve solutions to encompass all the platform’s capabilities and strengths. A successful content services approach helps you tackle changes in technology and the way we work, and combats information silos by delivering the right information to the right people at the right time.
Some benefits of utilizing an ECM solution include:
- Reducing clutter while increasing data and process visibility and accessibility, ultimately saving time and significantly lowering costs
- Archiving information and access it quickly anytime, anywhere
- Eliminating paper-based tasks and make records-keeping more accessible and efficient
- Organizing and structuring your company’s data to easily cross-reference, providing invaluable context around and transparency into processes
The right ECM platform enables you to build tailored solutions that integrate and work with your core applications and systems. There are nine main features that your ECM should offer:
- Capture: This is the critical starting point of your content management journey. Capture documents — even in structured and unstructured formats — and automatically and intelligently extract, classify and validate information before seamlessly integrating it with core business applications
- Content management: Get a complete view of your processes. Automated content management simplifies access to the files you need so your team can make faster, better-informed decisions
- Business process automation: Streamline critical processes. Automate repeatable tasks, route documents, manage exceptions and extend key processes using configurable workflow tools and built-in rules and actions that are easily customizable without IT support
- Case management: Get full visibility into an entire case from start to end. Staff gets a 360-degree view of all the information they need for effective case management and enhanced customer service
- Customer communications management: Improve customer communications with content management integrations. Create individually personalized content and handle a wide range of communication needs to meet customer expectations
- Collaboration: Share content, collaborate on documents and extend related processes to your users — whether internally or externally — in a secure environment
- Reporting and analytics: Discover and analyze reporting and analytics. Gain visibility into your content and processes in real-time with interactive dashboards and audit trails of all activities
- Search: Find the content you need no matter where it resides. Intelligent query tools let you search through repositories, sites, email systems, intranets and more from a single platform
- Records and retention management: Meet regulatory and compliance standards. Configure automated rules and workflows for easily overlooked tasks like approvals, storage, archival and deletion
Get Expert Help Implementing an ECM
A successful content services approach starts with the right partner. Reach out to the experts at ISSI for help centralizing your company’s vital data and technology infrastructure in one secure location.