Automated redaction is the ability to redact sensitive information from electronic documents with a black bar or custom image in an automated manner. Private information like individual names, social security numbers and other personal information can be automatically detected and securely removed from any document image using optical character recognition (OCR), pattern analysis and configured zones. Documents can also be queued for review before being permanently redacted. Private or confidential information cannot be viewed on the redacted image documents, even when exported outside of your current system.
- Reduces time and effort required to obscure private or confidential information on unstructured documents
- Blocks access of confidential data, originally viewable on the documents
- Safeguards confidential information from those who do not need it, even when documents are shared outside of OnBase
- Lessens risk of redaction error or missed redactions, by automatically using OCR technology to evaluate a document
- Eliminates the burden of managing additional applications to perform redaction
Automated Redaction Options
ISSI offers two automated redaction options: