The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s mission is protecting and advancing public health. They receive and process vast amounts of documents each day. Speed and accuracy are key to their efforts. They turned to ABBYY’s intelligent automation platform to digitize and process a thirty-year archive of forms used to report adverse events. The project also processes current documents, ensuring that critical reporting is captured accurately.
- Looking for a scalable technology solution to capture and extract unstructured data from hundreds of thousands of electronic health files that contain information about events related to the use of medical products
- Need to digitize and process a backlog of over two dozen versions of forms with upwards of 120 complex fields
- ABBYY’s AI-powered platform captures and extracts vital data and information from complex health documents
- ABBYY’s scalable architecture enables processing for thousands of pages per day with highest levels of accuracy and enables the processing of electronic, paper and PDF documents
- 99%+ accuracy ensures critical details are captured and delivered to the appropriate parties
- ABBYY’s technology powers digital transformation in a key government agency, optimizing outcomes so that adverse events are recorded at the speed required in a digital world
Going forward, we plan to use ABBYY to process newly received health reports and utilize the data in our downstream enterprise workflow and visualization software. ABBYY has brought us into the 21st century.”
– Justin Scott, Senior Business Informatics Officer
Get Started with ISSI
ABBYY FlexiCapture from ISSI is a highly accurate, scalable data processing and document capture software that intelligently extracts, classifies and serves critical data from incoming document images, email and attachments to decision makers.