Why Upgrade to OnBase 17
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Update: OnBase 18 Is Now Available
If you’re an OnBase document management software user, you’ve probably heard that OnBase 17 and its 3,500 changes stemming from 1.3 million hours of R&D, features. These enhancements based on input from users and Diamond resellers like ISSI. Improvements have been made in every area of OnBase, and users are rejoicing with the enhanced user experience. Thousands of regression tests help ensure that it all works.
If you’re using OnBase 12.x – 16.x, what are you waiting for? Read on to learn more about why upgrading to OnBase 17 this year will help improve your 2018 bottom line.
Here are some highlights from all the new enhancements:
An Elevated User Experience
OnBase refreshed the design with improved navigation and visibility. This facilitates ease of operation for users and administrators alike. Also, numerous performance enhancements, like a faster document viewer with a lower memory footprint, elevate usability.
Offline Mobile Briefcase
Employees in the field can continue to work digitally in areas where there is limited or no network connectivity. Relevant information in OnBase is securely downloaded to the mobile device for offline work. While working unconnected, users can gather new information in forms, photos and documents – all synchronizing back to the OnBase system once network connectivity becomes available.
Refined Two-Factor Authentication
New tools make it easier to utilize third-party identity service providers for enhanced security.
Expedited scanning and indexing processes, mobile offline capture capabilities and more administrative tools support increasingly sophisticated intelligent capture scenarios.
Advanced Electronic Form Capabilities
Administrators have much more flexibility with form design, graphical formatting and template management.
Other Notable Enhancements
- Enhanced business process management (BPM) tools to enable parallel processing right out of the box, instead of requiring custom development
- Extended geolocation functionality across the platform
- Reworked the Unity Forms (e-forms) configuration tool to speed the creation of new forms, expand layout and formatting options, and simplify the management of large forms libraries
- Added case management wizards for creating and modifying Filters to call attention to oft-forgotten configuration items
- Enhanced integrations for DocuSign, Guidewire, Esri, AutoCAD, Allscripts, Epic, Duck Creek, and SAP
Learn more in the video below:
Contact us to learn more about what upgrading to OnBase 17 means for your organization and what’s involved.