Roanoke Document Scanning Service
Since 1995, ISSI has offered unparalleled quality and flexibility in our scanning services, from our Roanoke service bureau.
Our office is located in Roanoke, Virginia, at 8 1/2 St. & Campbell Ave., just off of 581 near the Orange Ave. NW exit.
We serve the entire Roanoke metropolitan area as well as Blacksburg, Lynchburg and the rest of Western Virginia.
Your Roanoke Document Scanning Partner
As part of our scanning service, we offer the following options:
- Document Survey: as part of our ECM & Records Management Audit, we will conduct a thorough inventory of your documents, determine what needs to be scanned, stored and destroyed; how they need to be indexed so you can find them later; and a cost-justification for all of the above so you can get the effort approved
- Scan-on-Demand: don’t scan all your documents if you don’t have to – we can instead store your documents in our secure records management facility and scan them as needed or scan them until everything is gone and you no longer need physical document storage
- Quality Control: we ensure that all of your documents are scanned, legible and 100% accurate if OCR or full-text search is required
- Free ECM: receive complimentary access to your scanned documents with cloud document management software for up to 90 days
- Digital Mailroom: outsource your mailroom and scanning of invoices, applications, requisitions, claims, surveys, and other white mail to us – in by 9am and processed by 2pm with an option for fax and email capture, including processing of attachments
- Monthly Billing: an option for larger scanning projects, ongoing mailroom scanning and some smaller projects that also include ECM
Roanoke Document Scanning Specialties
In addition to scanning large volumes of paper documents, we scan the following:
Government Scanning Example
We scanned over 20 million pages for Mecklenburg County’s Land Use & Environmental Services Agency (LUESA). We then implemented Hyland OnBase document and records management software, which is now used by over 7,000 users in over 27 departments and provides public access through four web portals.