ECM & Records Management Audit
"If you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there." – Cheshire Cat, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Lewis Carroll)
Do you have any of these problems?
- A file room full of paper documents with some portion kept beyond their required retention period
- A hodgepodge of legacy document management and/or capture software in various departments
- Active or abandoned information silos, possibly including corporate shared drives, SharePoint libraries, cloud files shares (e.g. DropBox, Google Drive, Box), etc.
- Vintage document scanners that are expensive to maintain
- An increasing volume of documents to process but not an increasing staff
- A struggle to process documents within the required timeframe
- Increasing copier, maintenance, paper, and toner costs
If so, the ISSI ECM & Records Management Audit is for you. It will give you clarity on what to do within your budget and other constraints.
What You Get
Our ECM & Records Management Audit is the culmination of our 100+ years of enterprise content management (ECM) experience, and will deliver the following:
- A thorough inventory of your documents, determine what needs to be scanned, stored and destroyed; how they need to be indexed so you can find them later; and a cost-justification for all of the above so you can get the effort approved
- An assessment of all software, hardware, people, processes, and third-party services involved in your current capture, processing and storage of documents (both paper and electronic)
- A gap analysis of your current situation as compared with best practices
- Recommendations for the right combination of hardware, software, process improvements and outsourcing, and the cost justification for implementing them
Costs & Next Steps
The ISSI ECM & Records Management is not free. At the least, it will require your team to provide us with enough background to provide an assessment. A modest charge is involved depending on how comprehensive an audit is needed and whether an onsite visit is needed.
We will make this determination once we understand your situation better as part of a complimentary initial exploration by phone, so contact us to get an initial call scheduled.